Old Saxon belief system?
David Dalton
2014-08-21 04:34:35 UTC
A member of a local pagan Facebook group I am on is
wondering if there is a faith based on Old Saxon
beliefs specifically?

I suggested Seax-Wica, also known as Saxon-Wica, founded
by Raymond Buckland in 1973, but then he said he is looking
for something pre-modern-Wiccan belief. (Do you know to
what extent Saxon-Wica is influenced by old Saxon beliefs?)
"The sky full of stars, Like a french lace gown; Shimmer, glimmer
I think I'm gonna fall; Whoops catch me mama, that's all" (David Wilcox)
Noinden
2014-08-31 23:25:22 UTC
Seax-wicca is a mostly made up system to be honest, it was created when Bucky "lost the coven in the divorce" and "discovered" a form of wicca that allowed men to form covens. QED its not hat authentic.

There are plenty of heathen (germanic pagan, both southern germanic and northern germanic (aka "norse")) paths which hold a closer relation to Saxon paths. Theodish is probably one of the closest. Though one issue with these groups for
the average modern pagan, is they are not tree hugging, and pacifistic, and often have more conservative members of society drawn to them (and yeah sadly the reich wing racits). That is not a reflection on the path, more on the people who want a "free from Jewish influenced" path. Buch of .... umm yeah
David Dalton
2014-09-04 05:41:41 UTC
Post by David Dalton
A member of a local pagan Facebook group I am on is
wondering if there is a faith based on Old Saxon
beliefs specifically?
I suggested Seax-Wica, also known as Saxon-Wica, founded
by Raymond Buckland in 1973, but then he said he is looking
for something pre-modern-Wiccan belief. (Do you know to
what extent Saxon-Wica is influenced by old Saxon beliefs?)
Some links that may be of interest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodism#Theodism
http://gamall-steinn.org/Gering/ (Gering Theod)
http://fyrnsidu.com/ (Wes thu hal! | The Fellowship of
Anglo-Saxon Heathenry)
"I see my light come shining/From the west unto the east
Any day now, any day now/I shall be released" (Bob Dylan)
David Dalton
2014-09-04 05:55:29 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Post by David Dalton
A member of a local pagan Facebook group I am on is
wondering if there is a faith based on Old Saxon
beliefs specifically?
I suggested Seax-Wica, also known as Saxon-Wica, founded
by Raymond Buckland in 1973, but then he said he is looking
for something pre-modern-Wiccan belief. (Do you know to
what extent Saxon-Wica is influenced by old Saxon beliefs?)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodism#Theodism
http://gamall-steinn.org/Gering/ (Gering Theod)
http://fyrnsidu.com/ (Wes thu hal! | The Fellowship of
Anglo-Saxon Heathenry)
Also see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxon_paganism

which has a short section on contemporary paganism
at the end, but none of the traditions mentioned have an
unbroken lineage to ancient Anglo-Saxon paganism and can
all be considered neopagan Anglo-Saxon reconstructionism.
Noinden
2014-09-09 04:21:22 UTC
Mate I actually know some Anglo-Saxon leaning heathens. Don't post some Wiki stuff and assume it covers anything of use ;)
David Dalton
2014-09-09 04:37:45 UTC
Post by Noinden
Mate I actually know some Anglo-Saxon leaning heathens. Don't post some Wiki
stuff and assume it covers anything of use ;)
True, I figured the two non-wiki pages I posted were more of use
than the two wiki ones.

If you and your Anglo-Saxon leaning heathen friend(s)
are willing I could pass his/her/their contact
information on to my friend.