Son, son of mother
David Dalton
2011-09-26 03:20:13 UTC
In the Pagan calendar the fall equinox is called Mabon.
(This year the fall equinox was early Sept. 23.)
Mabon is named for the Welsh god Mabon ap Modron
which can be translated as Son, son of Mother.

This has special significance to me since my
mother died in front of me when I was 1.6 years old
on Sept. 26, 1965 (so 46 years ago). She was
bathing me (or I have heard one story that she
was bathing me and another that she was dressing me
after bathing me).

Now Ron Hynes sings
"But Sonny always remembers what it was his Mama said"
but I don't remember my mom saying anything.
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/nf.html Newfoundland&Labrador Travel & Music
"Here I go again...back into the flame" (Sarah McLachlan)
every man
2011-09-26 04:02:04 UTC
Post by David Dalton
In the Pagan calendar the fall equinox is called Mabon.
I cannot imagine a more useless scrap of information.
Not to mention that the word "Mabon" did not exist
in many cultures now considered "Pagan".

This kind of crap is fodder for bookmages, not
real magicians.

<snip>

Evergreen
Lady Azure, Baroness of the North Pole
2011-09-28 04:31:39 UTC
Post by every man
Post by David Dalton
In the Pagan calendar the fall equinox is called Mabon.
I cannot imagine a more useless scrap of information.
Not to mention that the word "Mabon" did not exist
in many cultures now considered "Pagan".
This kind of crap is fodder for bookmages, not
real magicians.
<snip>
Evergreen
Your no MAGI, what so ever just Green!
Damned Palinite Gnosi, doing the WPD HACKER SQUAD!
The Dollar of the Octaine, is better than the Quadrataine!
ABADDON, is a MYTHICAL LIE, you can Prove iT?
Lady Azure, Baroness of the North Pole
2011-09-26 04:30:35 UTC
Post by David Dalton
In the Pagan calendar the fall equinox is called Mabon.
WHO'S, PAGAN CALENDAR?
WHO, "OWN'S", "PAGANISM"??
WHAT is your idea of "A PAGAN", cause your WORDS, contradict the Definition!
David Dalton
2011-09-26 16:18:39 UTC
Post by Lady Azure, Baroness of the North Pole
Post by David Dalton
In the Pagan calendar the fall equinox is called Mabon.
WHO'S, PAGAN CALENDAR?
WHO, "OWN'S", "PAGANISM"??
WHAT is your idea of "A PAGAN", cause your WORDS, contradict the Definition!
I think a pagan is a polytheistic nature-worshipping person.
A neopagan is one whose beliefs don't have lineage to
an ancient tradition and a traditional pagan is one
who does. And I equate Pagan with neopagan. I call
myself an individual/eclectic neopagan since I am polytheistic
and my deities include Earth and Sun and Moon and my
beliefs aren't rooted in any ancient tradition.

I have to run now but may comment more tonight.
every man
2011-09-26 16:50:37 UTC
Post by David Dalton
In the Pagan calendar the fall equinox is called Mabon.
WHO'S, PAGAN CALENDAR?
WHO, "OWN'S", "PAGANISM"??
WHAT is your idea of "A PAGAN", cause your WORDS, contradict the Definition!
I think a pagan is a polytheistic nature-worshipping person.
Of what possible use is your speculations in this area to anyone?
Even if it were true, it would be utterly useless information.

You claim to be an adept (by whatever name) but constantly reveal
that you are just another useless bookmage.

Evergreen
Lady Azure, Baroness of the North Pole
2011-09-28 04:48:26 UTC
Post by David Dalton
In the Pagan calendar the fall equinox is called Mabon.
WHO'S, PAGAN CALENDAR?
WHO, "OWN'S", "PAGANISM"??
WHAT is your idea of "A PAGAN", cause your WORDS, contradict the Definition!
I think a pagan is a polytheistic nature-worshipping person.
Of what possible use is your speculations in this area to anyone?
Even if it were true, it would be utterly useless information.
You claim to be an adept (by whatever name) but constantly reveal
that you are just another useless bookmage.
Evergreen
You invade a Conversation and Offer "NOTHING!
Just INSULTS, in the same TRADITION as EVANGELICAL Fundies!
To whom "I" have seen you ADMIT/CLAIM to Be!!
David Dalton
2011-09-27 02:48:34 UTC
Post by David Dalton
In the Pagan calendar the fall equinox is called Mabon.
WHO'S, PAGAN CALENDAR?
WHO, "OWN'S", "PAGANISM"??
WHAT is your idea of "A PAGAN", cause your WORDS, contradict the Definition!
I think a pagan is a polytheistic nature-worshipping person.
A neopagan is one whose beliefs don't have lineage to
an ancient tradition and a traditional pagan is one
who does. And I equate Pagan with neopagan. I call
myself an individual/eclectic neopagan since I am polytheistic
and my deities include Earth and Sun and Moon and my
beliefs aren't rooted in any ancient tradition.
I have to run now but may comment more tonight.
Another definition of pagan is anyone who is not
Jewish, Christian or Muslim.

I consider myself to be a polytheistic panentheist and
also consider myself to be an individual/eclectic neopagan.
But because I have Jesus as one of my eleven main deities
and I equate my top-ranked deity ALL to the Catholic
God the Father and I postulate that my deity LOVE2
is the same as the Catholic Holy Spirit some consider
me to be a Christopagan and I guess I accept that label
but note there is a wide spectrum of Christopaganism.
And I lean more toward the pagan side than the Christian side.
every man
2011-09-27 04:51:08 UTC
Post by David Dalton
[...]
I consider you to be utterly deluded and don't care whether you accept
the label or not. Your acceptance is simply not necessary.

If you don't like it, you can kiss my ass. And so can all of your
supposed
"deities".

You are NOT deluded about us being magickal beings, but your concepts
of how magick works are more inane than Harry Potter's.

Like so many clueless neo-pagans, you think that anything is possible
and
that therefore reality is whatever you want it to be. Which is
nonsense.

You REALLY need to learn to look beyond your own bloated ego, which
has taken over functions of your conscious mind and trashed your life.

You are not only NOT your self-image, you are NOT your beliefs and
thoughts.
You are the being who HAS beliefs and thoughts. (ideas being the main
part
of both).

Evergreen
David Dalton
2011-09-28 02:44:08 UTC
Evergreen, you say I am claiming to be an adept, I guess
because I claim to be similar to those such as Gwion (Taliesin),
Amergin and Myrddin. But I am not claiming to be an
adept yet, I am still in the low years. But if my
four post-judged collaborative components work then
maybe I could claim to be an adept though I would still
have much to learn (I hope to continue learning
throughout my life).

I have a bit of a cold tonight so I am heading to bed
a bit earlier than usual. Good night.
2011-09-28 05:08:33 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Evergreen, you say I am claiming to be an adept,
While he claims he is, to Insult you, for your beliefs!

Lady Azure, Baroness of the North Pole
2011-09-28 05:02:04 UTC
Post by every man
Post by David Dalton
[...]
Your more "DELUDED" than He is!
You thinkit is your RIGHT, to start FIGHTS at the "DROP OF A HAT", to your Zen
Silence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And have a "GANG"
to back you up!
Lady Azure, Baroness of the North Pole
2011-09-28 04:59:33 UTC
Post by David Dalton
In the Pagan calendar the fall equinox is called Mabon.
WHO'S, PAGAN CALENDAR?
WHO, "OWN'S", "PAGANISM"??
WHAT is your idea of "A PAGAN", cause your WORDS, contradict the Definition!
I think a pagan is a polytheistic nature-worshipping person.
A neopagan is one whose beliefs don't have lineage to
an ancient tradition and a traditional pagan is one
who does. And I equate Pagan with neopagan. I call
myself an individual/eclectic neopagan since I am polytheistic
and my deities include Earth and Sun and Moon and my
beliefs aren't rooted in any ancient tradition.
I have to run now but may comment more tonight.
Another definition of pagan is anyone who is not
Jewish, Christian or Muslim.
Started by the CATHOLIC CHURCH, under "ROME", BARBARIAN's "NON CHRISTIAN" are
"PAGAN"!
That includes under "CHURCH LAW", the PROTESTANT Churches!
They wrote a BOOK, which contains a CURSE, against "ADDING TO, or TAKING AWAY" from
the TEACHINGS of the BOOK, then in 1870's under the "CONCLAVE OF CHURCHES", Altered
the Book to "TAKE AWAY" Teachings, because "QUEERS", were using their "BIBLE", to
DEFEND THEMSELVES!
Damned SETHIAN'S have no "RIGHTS" in this World!
PERSECUTE FAG'S, "GOD, SAID SO"!
RIGHT!!!!
SURE!
Seth, was GOD'S, most "HATED" PERSON!
"SHIT, born of the ASS is Right"!
So they say, but DON'T Understand!
Lady Azure, Baroness of the North Pole
2011-09-28 04:45:58 UTC
Post by David Dalton
In the Pagan calendar the fall equinox is called Mabon.
WHO'S, PAGAN CALENDAR?
WHO, "OWN'S", "PAGANISM"??
WHAT is your idea of "A PAGAN", cause your WORDS, contradict the Definition!
I think a pagan is a polytheistic nature-worshipping person.
NO!
PAGAN as defined by ROMAN TRADITION of "THE CHURCH" is ANYONE, who ISN'T CHURCH!
ALL of the "BARBARIAN"S the CHURCH, "CONVERTED", or KILLED!
When COLUMBUS, DISCOVERED AMERICA, the CROWN of SPAIN, and the CHURCH, found the
NATIVES, were telling the same "PAGAN TALES" as they had thought to have just
Eradicated in Europe!
THAT is why SPAIN, MELTED DOWN all the GOLD they Found, And, Destroyed any
"ARTIFACTS"!
Which Resulted in of all things one of the ONLY TIMES, there was UNION, between
the SCOTI, DUTCH, FRENCH and BRITISH, Fighting side by side "AGAINST" SUCH!